Herbs to cure Type 2 Diabetes – Is there any herbs that cure Type 2 Diabetes and any side effects?
With regards to herbs to cure Type 2 Diabetes, there are various spices, vegetables and even fruits considered to help manage the glucose levels of the body naturally. This may include:
- Bitter melon or bitter gourd- This herb is getting a lot of attention with regards to its benefits for people suffering from diabetes. It has components such as charantin and glycosides momordin, which are medically known to reduce the levels of glucose in the blood.
It also helps several tissues absorb glucose, helps the liver synthesize glucose, blocks enzymes that produces aldohexose and aids in the oxidation of glucose. It is also proven to lower cholesterol levels which in turn reduce the risks of diabetics to develop other conditions like atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- Ginseng- It is one of the well-known herbs to cure Type 2 Diabetes. Several clinical studies have been made and results showed that people who took either ginseng tea or capsules had better blood sugar levels compared to those who were given placebos; this is because of the function of ginseng in stimulating the tissues to absorb glucose.
- Broccoli- Other natural diabetes remedies are vegetables including broccoli. This green vegetable is said to have adequate amounts of chromium and sulforaphane which both helps in reversing the symptoms of diabetes. Chromium is known to help stimulate cells to produce more insulin and help it turn carbohydrates into glucose.
- Cinnamon- This common herb used for adding flavor in food is also considered to be one of the many herbs to cure Type 2 Diabetes. Several studies have stated that the component in cinnamon called hydroxychalcone helps lower blood sugar, triglycerides and bad cholesterol. They say that this component helps insulin become more sensitive therefor it increases the synthesis of glycogen.
- Salba- This grain is not as well-known as the others stated but is also proven to help manage diabetes. Just like the other herbs, it helps regulate glucose levels by provoking the cells to absorb glucose and store it for future use.
It also helps break down carbohydrates and cholesterol which means that the chances of diabetics to develop hypertension are lessened significantly. Salba also increases a person’s stamina thus helping the body use up excess glycogen making it one of the most effective natural diabetes remedies.
- Cranberries- This fruit is known for its high levels of antioxidants which helps rid-off the body from free radicals. Recent studies have seen beneficial effects of the fruit for people suffering from diabetes. Besides being an antioxidant, cranberries help stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin to help in the processing of glucose.